Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Just To Clarify A Few Things...

I just wanted to clarify some unrelated things real quick.

I have no connection to Momma Starr. I have no professional tie to her. I am not her student. I am not her client.

Instead, I like her as a person from what I can tell of her online as I've never met her in person. I do not agree with everything she does and I will not air any of that publicly out of respect to her. So please don't mistake my like for her as a person to mean that I put my stamp of approval on everything she does. That's not the case at all. I can still like her and disagree with her on some things. I'm not the type of person to go knocking someone down just because I don't agree with everything they do. Instead, it takes multiple negative experiences before I decide to cut someone out of my life completely, even if it's only to cut them out of my online life. I've never had a negative experience with Momma Starr.

Momma Starr is truly a gem online and I recognize much of her teachings, work wise just to clarify, as coming from actual old-school conjure work. That's why I like her.  That's the only reason why I like her as I've never met her in person. She may be a nasty witch in real life for all I know. LOL But from what I can tell online she is a nice, decent person.

Now, the second thing I need people to understand is that none of my mentors and teachers in real life have ever advised me to go online and learn or follow so-and-so worker. And this even includes Momma Starr which I know at least one of my mentors has at least heard of. Instead, I've always been warned to stay away from the online crowd. I will leave it as that and just let people ponder for themselves the point of their warning. I will say that even I have somewhat disregarded that warning because I have an online presence. However, my way of remaining true is not to join up with groups and cliques online which are only formed for business purposes only, despite what the members claim.

The last thing I want to talk about is about what real conjure workers are like. I guess you can say that real conjure workers are like cat people, or even cats for that matter. Real professional workers don't go around bunching up together in hoodoo packs. They just don't. That kind of nonsense is only found online. Sure in real life workers may be friends or be friendly to other workers, but this whole grouping up nonsense only occurs online. And to be honest, no true conjure worker is going to group together with people from other magical traditions. Real workers are like cats. We come together for only two reasons, fight or f*ck, and we go our own way in the time in between.

I'm not in it for the money folks. This is spirituality. I'm thankful for the cash I get, but my goals are not to prosper off of conjure work, but rather use conjure work to make my life prosperous.  The old school workers are extremely adamant that people who are in it for the money are people you need to scrutinize very carefully. Because people need to realize something real fast. Money will change folks. People will change their tune in a heartbeat and will go against everything conjure work stands for when they realize they can make thousands of dollars a month. They don't do it all at once. They don't change overnight. Instead it's a slow process of selling-out. Don't fool yourself into thinking that money doesn't change people.


13 comments:

  1. I too just want to make somethings clear. Your right Doc you have no ties to me nor me to you. I really don't have ties with anyone on line except Dr.LB and thats because we blog and do the radio show together. I am a memeber of AIRR but I am also an outsider. I don't mess with anyone really because I too have found you just can't trust folks. It really all comes down to the money and you are right folks will cut anothers throat for a dollar. Just because I am on AIRR doesn't mean I am a blind follower of anyones; the only person I follow is me period. If Cat and Lucky Mojo run shit on-line it is because folks have let that happen. I joined AIRR for my own personal reasons which had nothing to do with money at all. I'm nobody's flunky never have been nor will I ever be. Trust me Cat knows me and my mouth well. What I say here I can and will say right to her face I have before and I will again I'm sure. Cat did not make me a worker as she has so many; I was a professional worker long before there was an internet. Your right most Traditional conjure workers stay to themselves even if they are in a group. They also get paid for their services. As for how I really am as a person "what you see is what you get" this is me all the time 24/7. Momma Starr

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Momma Starr,

    Well, you know how I feel about you. I will be honest and say that you are probably the only member of A.I.R.R. that I know I like. There's a lot of members there who I don't know nothing about and don't have an opinion on and can't have an opinion on...as people, simple because I have never interacted with them. However, from what they put forth I do know that a lot of them are incorporating all kinds of things that have nothing to do with conjure work. And yes, I've recieved complaints from their clients.

    And I will say this. For some reason people think that I need to clean up after an A.I.R.R. member if they think they were scammed or had a bad experience with them. I did a lot of cleaning up in the past because I felt bad for them. But I simply can't do it anymore. And let me tell you that I never ask people for the name of their worker. If they tell me, then so be it, but I don't go asking them who it was.

    Yes, professional workers get paid for their service. I have no beef with that as long as the work justifies the cost. No more of this nonsense of charging thousands of dollars for a cleansing and no more of this b.s. of charging hundreds of dollars simply to light one 7 day candle. That's stuff con artists do and I've seen it done online. It's got to be actual work and if all a worker knows is how to light a 7 day candle then that worker needs to get proper training.

    Ex - A worker online admitted they charged a client a large amount of money and all they did is one of the cheezy "spells" from Anna Riva's "Golden Secrets Of Mystic Oils" book. I hate seeing this crap online.

    Also, I want to let you know that a lot of what I'm writing on is not actually geared to you. This blog entry, yes, because I named you. Otherwise I have this feeling that you may think I'm included you in everything when I voice my opinions. So just know that's not the case. I don't have issues with you and never had a negative experience with you. Sure, I disagree with some of the things you do, but gig whoop. Who cares. It ain't that important.

    So keep in mind like I told you before that before I found you online I was truly just going to give up on anyone online because I was so sick to death of the nonsense.

    The only reason I brought this up because I've been asked by a couple of people if I was your student or if I was working with you. So I had to clear that up.

    So I got no beef with you. Keep on keepin' on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you are talking about me unless you call my name lol. I know what you don't approve of within my work but I feel called to teach. If I can teach one worker to do the work the right way then I have achieved something that matters. Teaching is very important to me. I'm sorry folks are comiing to you because of something someone on AIRR did or didn't do. I can only answer for myself. As far as big money goes my prices are on my website for all the world to see. No hidden charges just the plain ole price. I did that for a reason which I want explain here. You have good sense and you care about the work which is very important to me and others. You have not offended me or pissed me off; if so I would let you know. I think you are doing what you feel is best for those searchng for the real work. Keep it up! I read everything you write and I think what you are saying is important. Momma Starr

      Delete
  3. LOL...You probably think it's the candles! LOL I got nothing against candles. I love me some candles and I love that you make your own.

    Nah, you don't know what I disagree with and I won't ever publicly say anything about it because it's not really that important in the long run, it's not my business, it doesn't effect me, and I don't want poeple to think I dislike you or that I view to be a fake or anything. Because you are a true worker. There's no such thing as 100% pure hoodoo, so I also don't want people to have this obsession with "street cred". You're good with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doc. Your right nothing is pure because we are all different and each of us will always do the work a little differently. It never dawned on me about the candles lol I was thinking along the lines of my teachings. My mama didn't burn candles but I love them. I can work without them but I like the wax and it is good for cleansings. Momma Starr

      Delete
  4. Oh, we'll, we both know you don't need my permission or approval on anything, don't we. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your right Doc, but you have a good mind and you really make folks think. Momma Starr

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is hilarious....I think everyone knew from day 1 this Momma Starr is an intimidating fraud...doesn't light candles for tons of money? You're a weak joke...google your own ripoff report and choke on it,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that was just rude. I like the cat analogy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote this blog entry after several people came to me with complaints about being ripped off by Momma Starr. So I thought I needed to make a stand to distance myself from her lest I go down with her. I have since cut off all contact with her.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Doc for all you do. I appreciate this blog and all the info you give us on it. I admit I bought Starr's book based on your review. I thought she was genuine. Then I read between the lines on some of your posts. I'm glad you didn't go down with her and I hope you keep blogging and setting the record straight for a long time.

      This whole thing with Starr and some other members of the AIRR has left me angry, hurt, betrayed and confused. I understand this might sound dramatic to some people, but that's how I feel. You know it's so hard to know who to trust in real life, and how hard it is to find an effective, trustworthy conjure worker. In some areas finding a spiritual worker really difficult. The internet makes it even harder. On the one hand workers are plentiful online, but it's hard to know who's who and who's telling the truth. In my area it's hard to find workers period.

      I thought the online hoodoo community was a Godsend...then it turns out some of them are frauds conning people. Who can one turn to then? These workers made it their continual mission to get trust. Everywhere they go online they say things like "I'm no BS worker". What you see is what you get". "We're no clip joint". "I learned from my momma and I've been doing this forever". "I'm the real deal"...blah, blah, blah...

      They put themselves out there, charge ridiculous amounts of money for oils, dollies candles, readings, and then they get indignant with you. It's just vile.

      Thanks for letting me vent Doc :/

      Delete
  8. What you do not know, hurts you, Doc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is an older blog entry. I don't have anything to do with Starr anymore.

      Delete