Thursday, April 5, 2012

Note To My Readers Regarding New Rules/Policy Changes

I don't know what is going on these past few months but there has been a steady stream of people who have attempted to use me, abuse me, and now harass me. So it's time to make some changes in how I do things. I am now forced to implement new policy changes due to certain individuals. The new rules can be found below.

1.) I am now setting a question limit of 1 question every 6 months. I'm quite frankly tired of the constant emails I receive from individuals who are obsessed with hoodoo/rootwork/conjure and who think that every bad dream they have or every time they stub a toe that they should email me begging for help. This has to change. I went through my emails and one person emailed me 37 times in March. March only has 31 days. What does that tell you?


2.) Only one free work per person and it's not a guarantee that I will accept the case. Far too many people are taking advantage of workers by asking for free work. If I choose to do a free work for you then please do not ask me for free work in the future.


3.) Do not email me asking me questions if you have hired the services of another worker. I posted on this earlier but this behavior is continuing. This is one behavior that I find highly offensive. If you hire a worker then you go to that worker. I don't want to hear any excuses on this. If you feel you have been scammed, that's one thing. However, if you are just impatient because that worker didn't email you back right away then tough. I'm no longer going to waste my time on a person who is paying another worker.


4.) I do not have to take your case, for free or for pay. I have always reserved the right to turn down any request for work.


5.) I only do free work for emergencies, period. You winning the lottery is not an emergency. You getting laid is not an emergency. You getting a promotion at work is not an emergency. You can purchase my services if you so choose.


6.) If you are requesting for me to set a light for you for free then please realize that it must be an emergency. If you want me to pray for you than I will be happy to say a prayer for free. I'm not wasting my supplies for non-emergency situations.


7.) I am not teaching classes on hoodoo/rootwork/conjure. I have no students online. I am teaching family members. The reason why I am bringing this up is because I've had 2 people tell me they they have told other people they are "training with me". Nope! It's not true.


8.) I am a professional worker. As such I have to treat paid clients differently because they are paying for a service. This means I give more of my time and my energy to my paying clients than I do for people asking questions. Now, if I take you on for free work then I will treat you like a paid client.


9.) I work one paid case at a time. This means that unlike other workers online who work with multiple clients simultaneously because they only care about the money, I will only work with one client at a time. I've always done it this way. By doing this I devote my time and energy to the client. So please realize there is a slight possibility that you may have to be on a waiting list. In the past I've tried to explain this to potential clients but I think that they tend not to understand that I'm being honest about this.


10.) You book me as a worker when you pay me. There is no verbal contract or promise to do the work without the receiving of your payment. The only exception would be for free work I have chosen to take on.


11.) I am no longer accepting any form of payment plan. Sorry, it only took a couple of people to spoil this.


12.) I will post my prices and services in the near future since so many people have asked me about it.


13.) I am not associated with any group of workers online. I am not interested in joining any cliques nor bowing down and worshipping any individual. I do not kiss any other workers a**.


14.) I don't do conventions or seminars. I am very happy to have been asked in the past to both attend a convention or give a presentation or even teach a class, but I am opposed to seminars and conventions that charge people money to attend. In my opinion, conventions and seminars where people have to pay hundreds of dollars serve only to rake in cash for workers who only care about money. Do the math. If a seminar costs $300 per head and there is 30 people there, that's a whopping $9,000.00 profit. You do not need to pay a single dime to learn hoodoo/rootwork/conjure. Now, I have been asked to do a free presentation before and have accepted such offers. I'm not opposed to these free events.


15.) I will not tolerate any type of harassment from people. I don't harass people and I expect to be treated the same.

16.) Finally, I do not make a living off of being a professional worker alone. This is a form of spirituality for me. My prices are extremely reasonable but I'm not in it for the money like most workers online are. There are people online making thousands of dollars a month and these people only care about getting your money.

Now, there is a certain woman who has been emailing me two or three times a week. I have turned this person down for both free work and for paid work because I personally feel that what she is wanting is not truly achievable or even worth the time and effort. Quite frankly, I would have to charge her far more than my normal fees and far more than she can afford. On top of that it's something that must be continuously done or worked on. So it's better that I just turn her down. Well, this person has responded by harassing me by email and threatening to "expose me as a fraud". I'm not sure how she can do this since 1.) I'm no fraud, and 2.) She's not my client. I quite frankly don't have time for this crap. I don't know what this woman is thinking of doing but should you read something online about me then please realize this is probably this same woman.

Sorry to make these changes but they are necessary at this time. Perhaps in the future I might be able to relax them.

Thank You.

-Doc.

8 comments:

  1. holy crap, 37 times?? that's close to stalking levels, I'm sorry you had to change like this, hopefully this will help to turn away the crazies

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Aisha,

    Yes. I really hate doing it. I don't know if it's the moon or what but hopefully things will go back to normal and I can relax the rules. I really do like helping people but I'm tired of being taken advantage of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are doing the right thing Doc. You are already generous with all the information you provide on your blogs. Some people just want to have their cake and eat it.
    By the way, Spirit tells me that you are certainly no fraud. I can usually tell after reading a person's blog if they are the real deal or just someone making it up as they go along. I only have a good sense about you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Midnight Conjure,

    Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It just takes a couple of people to spoil things for others. This blog is a treasure, filled with a lot of wisdom and truth. I learned stuff here and I appreciate you taking the time to share. Blessings. Audiogirrl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about some of you, getting laid can be a serious if not life threatening emergency in certain circumstances lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Anonymous,

    Yep and so is winning the lottery. That 640 million dollar recent jackpot got lots of people to the point of desperation and asking for free work. Some were even offering me 10% of the winnings! LOL

    ReplyDelete