Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Visit To A Local Botanica

Below are some photos of a local botanica I visited this past weekend. It's the same place I bought my St. Peter statue from. As you can tell from the photos Santa Muerte is quite popular where I live. While I was there taking pictures an older gentleman was praying at the altar of Santa Muerte (the one with the biggest, gold statue). I didn't take a picture of him for privacy reasons, but I sensed his strong devotion to Santa Muerte and I sensed that he credited her with the saving of his life. I love visiting botanicas and occult/metaphysical shops. I will probably post more blog entries and photos on other shops in my area.










7 comments:

  1. I wish we had a botanica like that here in Salem. Ironic, no?
    We have to go to Portland to find some of the items listed here but it makes for a nice day trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it depends upon the size of your Mexican community. Where I live we have a large number of Latinos so we have many Botanicas and Yerberias. Then we have the metaphysical and occult shops. Of course there's also the Mexican grocery stores that carry a lot of spiritual items as well.

      Delete
    2. If you're in Salem Oregon, the land of botanicas is in Woodburn, a little closer to you than Portland.

      Delete
  2. I will definitely have to check out the local Mexican grocery stores to see if I can find any treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes. Do check them out. I get all my 7 day candles and novena candles from local Mexican grocery stores.

      Delete
    2. You could go to sunnyside in Washington in the mall there is a store that carries tons of items imported from Mexico they also carry lots of Santa Muerte items . I live in Yakima Washington the only blackSanta muerte candles like I had to order a frame picture of la Santa muerte from Mexico in a Mexican grocery store and I have to wait for a week until it comes. So if u r willing to go to sunnyside wash. U can find lots of Santa Muerte items

      Delete
  3. any good Botanicas in Allentown?

    ReplyDelete