Sunday, July 1, 2012

Obama Lost My Vote

I really debated posting this because I don't want to stir up any political drama but I finally decided I could write a blog in a decent manner and then be done with it.

So we all pretty much know that the Supreme Court has upheld the new healthcare changes created by President Obama based on then notion that it is a new tax.

Starting in 2014, anyone who doesn't have health insurance will be fined between $600-$1200 a year. That's right, a year. I'm not sure if most of the minorities who are behind Obama know just how detrimental this will be to those minorities who are unemployeed or who work at low-paying jobs. This will seriously effect our soceity in ways that most people may not have even pondered. Unemployment is still a very big problem in this country. Sure we are told that there will be programs to help cover some of the expenses but it will NEVER be a 100% free financial aid.

I know many people who are unemployeed, who work at very low-paying jobs, or who work temporary jobs where having health care insurance is simply not something that can be afforded at this time.

So President Obama, I feel you have turned your back on the lower-class and the minorities, in favor of the wealthy elite, the people who will truly benefit from these implimented changes. For this you have lost my vote. I do realize that you will probably win reelection simply because most of your supporters in the public still don't seem to realize how your health care changes will effect them. I do forsee a massive change come 2014 when many minorities finally realize that this form of healthcar change is not what we need as a country. For now, my only hope is to pray and put my energy into having the Republicans win back the majority and to have a Republican President in officie so that this nonsense can be repealed. Did I mention that I'm a Democrat? It hurts me to wish this but it must be done so that this nonsense can be cleared up.

4 comments:

  1. I feel you, Doc!! I am voting "against, " not "for" in this election...I hate being in that position! Kristina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Sad that it has to be that way.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same as you do. Folks who get insurance on their jobs don't realize that every job does not have to provide insurance to their employees. But I am not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. This president has done everything that he promised to do, with little support. Infact, he has prospered with no support from the republicans (who said they wanted him to fail) and little support from his own party. You think Romney will be better? A man so removed from the working class people you speak of, to say that if folks can't afford education then they shouldn't have one?

    There is something about this president that people expect more from him than they have any other president. Obama kept his promises. And he isn't dumbing down America. I respect that and he has MY vote.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Serentiy,

      I'm not going to tell you who to vote for. Who you vote for is your choice. Also, I'm not throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Obama losing the election would give a greater chance to get this health care crap repealed. However, it's likely that Obama will indeed win the relection because there are a lot of people out there who still don't realize how this health care change will effect them or effect our society.

      So as I see it now Obama will likely be reelected. Then come 2014 most of his supporters will then turn on him after they realize the negative consequences of the new changes. By then it's too late of course.

      FYI Serenity, even if you already have insurance you still will be effected. They price you are paying now will increase because the new laws require coverage for things that most policies don't cover now. So yes, you will pay more.

      Delete