Monday, September 3, 2012

One More Thing On Requests For Free Work

I just want to give a 'heads up' for people who may be sending me requests for free work. In a previous blog I wrote that I would just delete any requests I receive that aren't for emergencies. However, I need to clarify something. If you send me a request for free work I may respond differently than you would expect. So let me give you an example:

"Hello, my name is Jane Doe and I'm writing you because I'm in a desperate situation and am hoping you will help me for free. I don't have a job, a car, and I'm almost homeless. So I don't have money to pay you. However, I'm hoping that you can do the work to get my boyfriend back. He left me a couple of years ago and I've not been able to get over the heartache....."

In the example above I may or may not respond back. If I do respond I will guarantee you that it won't be to agree to do the love work for free. Instead, I will offer to do work to improve your finances and help you get back up on your feet. You don't need a man to live. You do need a job, money, transportation, and a home.

FYI: that example above is no joke. I routinely get these types of requests for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment