Saturday, September 1, 2012

Warning About What You Confide in Your Pastor/Preacher

In the past I've had clients tell me that they were regularly meeting with their pastors, preachers, deacons, Sunday school teachers, whatever, for counseling and private meetings. A few of my clients have told me stories of how their preacher then went behind their backs and called the cops, DHS, whatever on them, or spread their business to everyone. Today, I just ran across a comment from a woman who told her story of how he preacher was a a secret informant for the police and was ratting out people left and right.

Times have changed, people. You can no longer trust your religious leaders. For one, if you are a protestant then you need to realize that your religious leaders do not make any vows to God to keep what you say confidential. If you are Catholic then you have some protection because a priest will never reveal anything you confess to them. However, the same does not hold true for Protestants.

So, I'm not telling you don't talk to your pastor. I'm not telling you not to seek Christian counseling or anything like that. All I'm saying is that times have changed and you simply cannot trust your religious leaders. I would highly recommend that you not say anything to your pastor or preacher that you don't want your entire Church to know, because believe me, they will learn it fast. Again, I'm not telling you what to do but I would recommend the rule of thumb that unless you want everybody knowing your business that you keep your business to yourself and not tell anything to your pastor.

No comments:

Post a Comment