Saturday, November 17, 2012

No More HOSTESS!!!!

I'm so depressed! I love Hostess. I can't believe that after 80 years the company is closing. Right now everyone is going gaga over trying to stock up on Twinkies but you can easily purchase the "generic" Twinkies. What I will miss is Ding Dongs, Hostess Orange Cupcakes and the Crumb Donuts. Hell, I grew up on Wonder Bread. I'm so freaked out because I don't know if I will be able to head over to the Hostess store before it closes. I MUST stock up on my crumb donuts! I have yet to find any company that makes crumb donuts anywhere as close to how good Hostess Crumb Donuts are.

As far as the Ding Dongs go, I'm so old that my parents would put a foil wrapped Ding Dong in my school lunch. They stopped wrapping them in foil a long, long time ago. (Ding Dongs are awesome when frozen and then eaten.)

What about those boxes of donuts that come with chocolate, powdered sugar, cinnamon and the plain donuts that nobody eats?  Oh, and what about those iced honey buns....and pies!!!!  The Hostess store would carry some really good Christmas cookies. They also had a wonderful coconut cake. I'm so depressed! Come back, Hostess! What's next, Dolly Madison? The horror!

Edit: Just got back from Wal Mart. They are nearly wiped out. No Twinkies, Ding Dongs, or chocolate cupcakes. All they had left was powdered sugar donuts, chocolate donuts, and strawberry and orange cupcakes. They had one package left of crumb donuts and don't you know it was opened and dried up! LOL I was so pissed. But the interesting thing was that there was so many people coming in looking for Hostess products that we all started talking. I'm pretty sure that people are going to be selling boxes of Twinkies on EBay! I bet people will pay a lot of money for them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment