Saturday, April 13, 2013

A Funeral, A Confession And A Plea

My grandmother's funeral was today. The viewing was yesterday. They did a real good job on her. We had a diner for the family first and then the actual service was only like 20 minutes and then a 5 minute service at the grave site. Pretty much all that was done at the grave site was the recitation of Psalm 23. It was real short. It was nice and not overly-emotional. In fact, in the family room prior to the service everyone was real loud.

Now for a confession. When my grandmother went into the hospital I petitioned Santa Muerte for her assistance. Now, all people online seem to know is that Santa Muerte is just for bringing back a man or to keep him faithful. In reality Santa Muerte is an excellent healer and can be petitioned for a wide range of things. So when my grandmother was taken off of life support and she didn't die but seemed to get better I just assumed that Santa Muerte had granted my request. I was even preparing to purchase the items I needed to keep my promise to her. Then my grandmother passed all of a sudden and it threw my whole family for a loop because we truly thought she was going to pull through. It was only in contemplation that I understand what Santa Muerte did. Santa Muerte knew it was her time. However, she knew that she couldn't take her soul at the time she was taken off of life support because it would be far too traumatic on the family. My uncle would spend the rest of his life thinking he killed his mother. It would not have been a peaceful death at all. So I believe Santa Muerte did what she did so that the family would not blame themselves. So for that I am thankful. I am thankful that Santa Muerte gave my grandmother a quick and peaceful death. My grandmother died right, which is what Santa Muerte is all about.

Now, my grandmother smoked for 50+ years. She was only 70 years old when she died. Smoking robbed her of 20-30 years of life. If you have a smoker in your life let them know they can transition over to electronic cigarettes. Trust me, from personal experience  I know the can do it. I smoked for 20+ years and I'm not going back. Electronic cigarettes do not produce the smoke and cancer-causing tar. Transitioning over to electronic cigarettes will save lives. So my plea for people is that if you have a smoker in your life to turn them on to electronic cigarettes. You don't have to be pushy like door-to-door religious people seeking to make converts out of them. I've turned on two people to them and I did it not because of pressure, but because I just told them how much I loved them and how cool it is. Even one of my clients has read a previous blog I wrote and then went out and bought a starter kit. So the way you do it is to let them know that an electronic cigarette can completely satisfy them as a normal cigarette would, minus there's no actual smoke, no cancer-causing tar, no ashes, butts, or ashtrays, no stained stained fingers, no stinky clothes, breath, and hair, and no more standing outside in the bitter cold and scorching heat. Additionally you can purchase a disposable e-cig and give it to them. Most smokers don't want to purchase a starter kit without knowing if they will like it or not. So by giving them a disposable it well help nudge them in the right direction. Let them know that if they like it they can buy a starter kit. Also, you might want to get a disposable that looks like a real cigarette. This will also serve to help them transition over the electronic cigarettes. Trust me, newbies always want something that looks like a cigarette at first and they always seem to go with tobacco flavored e-juices. In time they will move on to bigger modes and will experiment with other flavors. As far as recommendations,  I would recommend the Blu disposable. You can pick one up for about $10 at your local Walgreens. Also check out the gas stations in your area. The only thing is that it doesn't look like a cigarette. Njoy Kings are a disposable that looks exactly like a real cigarette but they do not last as long as Blu disposables. Here's a review of them below.






Now, you may be asking, "Why should I be forced to try to convince a smoker to transition to electronic cigarettes?". Well, the thing is that it's not hard at all. Most smokers know how bad smoking is. Most smokers have unsuccessfully tried to quit several times. The gum and patches don't work. The pills make you crazy. Electronic cigarettes are 100% just as satisfying as normal cigarettes, without all the horrible other stuff. Electronic cigarettes sell themselves. All you have to do is to give a person a small nudge and the e-cigs will sell themselves. Because I can tell you right now. If they had electronic cigarettes a few decades ago I'm pretty sure my grandmother, and several other relatives, would still be alive today. Save a life and turn someone on to electronic cigarettes.

6 comments:

  1. Doc,
    I smoked 25+ cigarettes a day for 29yrs... despite my mom being diagnosed with breast cancer I still couldn't quit. she passed away a year and a half ago and always wanted me to quit - but I couldn't. Until I read your original post on e-cigs. and as you mentioned above I went out and bought a starter kit, this was the best thing I have could have done. I haven't touched my regular brand since, nor do i wish to, your blog has literally changed my life, along with all the benefits you mentioned above one thing I must mention is the massive savings I'm making already :) and yesterday was in a queue behind a smoker and the smell of cigarettes actually repulsed me.. never noticed it before. Now I can use my e-cig anywhere - getting the same "hit" without the nasty side effects or cravings. Thank you so much for your useful blogs they really do help your readers. God Bless. RH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear of the. Now if you could return the favor and turn on other smokers to e-cigs and vaping that would be wonderful as well. Because the gum and patches don't work and the pills make you crazy. Vaping works. And if you buy the e-juice you can work your way down to a lower nicotine level until you reac 0% nicitine, at whichh you are completey free of the nicotine monster.

      Delete
  2. Great post doc. I have also used the 21st century ones, they're ok but bigger than the blu and look like a cig instead of black, you can buy those refills at some gas stations (usually plain and menthol) and at the walmart gas stations, but they have flavors online which I haven't tried. I did go and buy the blu after your post..the main advantage is flavors they sell at walgreens which taste better than the 21 century and may help the flavored cigar smokers. Congrats on quitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And remember that you can save money by buying e-juice and refilling the cartridges. Some cartriges are easier to fill than others. I know on the blue you just pop the little mouthpiece off and drip the e-juice on the filler. But in some models you can't pop the mouthbiece off and have to use a syringe to refill with e-juice. I've never heard of 21 century. Will look into it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Doc, I am telling everyone I know about them. I originally bought the one's that look like real cigs as they were the only one's available in my local grocery store - by the end of day one I was struggling as it didn't last as long as advertised and I wasn't getting same satisfaction, but luckily I then discovered a proper vape store in the next town that sells every sort of e-cig and accessory & flavour of e-juice you could imagine - what I'm using now looks nothing like a cigarette - but there is no comparison to the first one I bought, I have been using them for over a week now and I know I will never go back onto real cigarettes again. I am on the strongest nicotine strength (24%)only for now tho, because I was such a heavy smoker but the plan is to lower the dosage as you said and eventually quit altogether I do tell everyone I meet about them, but the e-cig Will sell itself once people give them a try. The only regret I have is I didn't know about them sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats! Yes, they are certainly wondeful, aren't they! Man, if only these were out a few decades ago. Keep up the good work! :)

      Delete