Sunday, April 7, 2013

Carrie (2013)



I don't know about you but this trailer pissed me off. For one, that actress is far too pretty to play Carrie. Carrie needs to be plane Jane, an outcast and not a beautiful young girl with tousled hair. I'm so sick of Hollywood casting beautiful people to play plane Janes, outcasts, or nerds. Like that movie Monster. They just had to cast Charlize Theron and turn her ugly with make-up and special effect and not just cast a person whose looks fit the role. Second, there's no real indication of abuse that Carrie suffers in the trailer. By that I mean that we see 'things', but her voice is not the voice of a person who is truly so abused, shy, and timid. Sissy Spacek was brilliant in the original movie. She captured Carrie perfectly. This actress fails miserably, at least in the trailer. Third, I hate that Carrie masters her power before the prom scene. That just screws everything up. What made the original movie wonderful is Carrie not being in control until the prom scene when she flips out. By making her be in control of her powers it just ruins it.

When I first heard they were remaking the movie I was really excited. After seeing the trailer I won't be paying to see this move. If they weren't going to do it right, or at least aim for it, why even bother?

FYI: If you have yet to read the book, do. It's great and is different than the original movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment