Saturday, June 22, 2013

Are You Ready For The Supermoon?

I actually can't wait. I'm excited for some reason. I love the full moon. I think I'm gonna watch some horror movies, probably some witch and werewolf movies to celebrate. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, early Wednesday morning the full moon will be a supermoon, or perigee moon, meaning the closest point to the earth the moon comes in it's orbit. What makes this full moon special is that it come the closest to earth of all the supermoons this year. The next supermoon that will come this close to earth will be in August 2014. So this will translate as the full moon being up to 14% larger and up to 30% brighter than normal. Most people probably won't notice the size difference. If anything they will notice that this full moon is exceptionally bright.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing this is to remind people that this supermoon will happen on St. John's Eve and into St. John's Day. Now, I don't work with St. John the Baptist, but this day is important to the Voodoo crowd because of it's closeness to the summer solstice. If a year were a clock then the summer solstice would be noon, so just like noon is the most powerful time of the day for many works, so is this time a very powerful time for works as well. Having the supermoon only increases the power. This weekend is going to be a very powerful time.

Also, a word of warning. My experiences in using supermoon water, water that I've left out so that supermoon can shine on it, have been very chaotic. I once added the water to some jar work I was doing for myself and the situation went wonky real fast. That's been my experience with supermoon energy, that it's hard to handle and can go from order to chaos real fast. So I just thought I would warn people who may wish to tap into this energy this weekend.

For those of you who do want to tap into it's energy, this supermoon will be in Capricorn. This means it will be a real good time for achieving insight into physical or material concerns and for manifestation with regard to physical or material concerns. So if you need a car, a house, a new lover, now is the time for this work. If you want something more abstract or spiritual in nature then this may not be best time to work on such.

Also, the previous full moon in May was a supermoon and the full moon in July will be one as well. However, it's just that the moon won't come as close to the earth as it will this weekend.

Finally, if you want to see the full moon at it's "largest" then look for it at the horizon at moonrise or moonset. If you wait until it's at it's zenith in the heavens then it will appear small to you.




1 comment: