Wednesday, July 10, 2013

3 Months Smoke-Free!

Today is my anniversary of quitting smoking. It's been 3 months without a cigarette. I'm still in a state of shock after smoking 1/2 -1 pack a day for 20 years. Vaping is a godsend and e-cigarettes truly are one of the most fantastic inventions of our modern world. I just can't stop thinking about how many lives could have been saved if this invention was marketed back in the 1960s when a man first had the notion that they could be created. We had to wait until 2007 until a man in China was able to manufacture and sell his version before it took off. Like many people, I've lost so many loved ones due to smoking-related illnesses. It's just a shame but I'm happy I have quit.

One of the weird things I've noticed is that I keep having smoking dreams. I had one the night before last. In the dream I noticed I had a pack of cigarettes in my pocket so I took one out and started smoking. Then I realized how stupid I was for doing that. I felt so guilty. When I woke and for a fraction of a second or so, I still felt guilty like how could I have let myself do that. Then it dawned on me that it was just a dream. These dreams are so odd because in my waking life I have no desire for a cigarette at all. Vaping completely satisfies me.

This is my standard plea to current smokers. You can transition. It's easy. Vaping truly satisfies and I had zero withdrawal symptoms. The only thing you are missing is the cancer-causing tar. So if you are a smoker please give it a try. It will save your life. If you want to quit completely you can just slowly step down in nicotine strength. Start out like a month at 24mg of nicotine, the next month at 18mg, and then continue to decrease. Sooner than you realize you will be at 0mg and can then successfully quit completely. Even if you have no desire to quit completely vaping is still far healthier than smoking cigarettes. And if you are a cigar or pipe smoker there are e-cigars and e-pipes you can use. Once you make the switch you are likely never to go back to analogs ever again.

If you are looking for a place to start I would advice purchasing an eGo C Twist starter kit. You can start with the cig-a-likes, the one that resemble cigarettes, if you want. That's where I started but I just totally love my eGo C Twist. The batteries last for 2 days for me, longer for people who don't vape that much. I recommend getting the kit that has 2 1000mah batteries. Here at the vape store I go to this kit comes with 2 1000mah batteries, a carrying case, a charger, a CE4 clearomizer, and a 10ml bottle of e-juice in the flavor and nicotine strength of your choice. The price is $90. I would also recommend purchasing an additional 2 bottles of e-juice just so you aren't rushing back to the store so soon for more.


I love the eGo C Twist way better than the cig-a-likes. And in the future I'm going to be venturing into mixing my own e-juice so this will help to even further reduce the cost of vaping. Already vaping is far less expensive than smoking cigarettes.

So if you are a smoker and are thinking of making the switch, you have lots of company! You can even shoot me an email if you like. I've already received perhaps a dozen or so emails from smokers who want to take the plunge and be rid of cigarettes for good. Transitioning is easy and simple and you will most likely love it.

13 comments:

  1. congratulations, doc! and thank you for posting your progress and helping others with your knowledge! :)k

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second the above comment - Kudos to you and thanks for sharing the information. I smoke about the same as you did and, though I don't feel I'm quite yet ready to quit, I have been looking into these e-cigs. My concern has been dropping a lot of money on a starter kit and then it not working for me. (Meanwhile, I apparently don't seem to mind all the money I've been dropping on cigarettes, all these years.) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Mina.

      Your concerns are valid. I'm sure many people feel the same way. Hell, I did too. What started it for me is my Uncle gave me a Blu disposable to try. The very instant I tried it I knew I would not go back to smoking again. So If you haven't done it already, go pick up a Blu disposable from like Wal Greens or your nearest gas station and give it a try. This is only an introduction. You probably will not be satisfied using Blu forever.

      Now, as far as your concerns about not being ready to give up cigarettes. Don't think of it as quitting. Think of it as transitioning, switching brands. The only thing you are missing is the cancer-causing tar. You still get the nicotine. You still inhale it. You still exhale it. You vape just like you smoke. I don't know anyone who really loves the cancer-causing tar that much that they can't transition. What has the tar done for you? You aren't even addicted to the tar! It's the nicotine that's the addictive part.

      As far as the vaping experience goes, it's extremely smooth because it's not smoke. Some people like a good throat-hit, that irritation at the back of your throat caused by cigarette throat. You can simulate this with e-juice that contains a high nicotine content (circa 24mg) and has a high PG (propylene glycol) ration. But with time you may find it's not important to you.

      Most smokers starting out want something that is like a cigarette, a.k.a "cig-a-likes" However, the longer you vape the more unsatisfied you will get with the cig-a-likes. Then it's time for larger models, such as the eGo, provari, etc. However, due to vape shops that have sprung up many new vapers are going straight to these models and skipping the "cig-a-like" stage completely.

      I would also advise you to look around your area for vape shops. Many of them have "bars" where you can sample the flavors. That might help you a lot in realizing that vaping is far superior than smoking. Why smoke when you get the tar and only tobacco or menthol flavors? You can vape any number of the thousands of flavors currently available. At the time of me writing this comment I'm currently vaping cotton candy flavor. It's wonderful.

      The Benefits of Vaping

      -No more cancer-causing tar
      -No more stinky clothes
      -No more stinky breath
      -No more stained fingers
      -No more having to stand outside in the heat, cold, or storms
      -You can vape practically anywhere in public
      -Far cheaper than smoking cigarettes
      -Healthier as smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, 60+ of which are known carcinogens. Vapor is only glycerine, nicotine, and flavor. The exhale of vaping is 99% water.

      Again, the only thing you will go without is the cancer-causing tar, that's it. I had to explain this to one of my high school friends as well who was relunctant. Don't think of it as "going without" or "quitting". Just think of it as transitioning. You don't have to worry about quitting completely at this stage. It's just transitioning.

      Shoot me an email if you have any questions or want to discuss it further.

      MYSECRETHOODOO@MAIL.COM

      Delete
  3. Yay!!!! This is wonderful news!! I agree fully with the 1st comment! Keep up the good work! I am cheering for you, Doc!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! I quit for 15 years and started again a year ago. I've begun rolling my own (with filters) which has cut my smoking in half. When I finish this can I'm going to use the gum (which I've already bought). I've tried the e-cigs and they are indeed just like smoking. If I get a craving with the gum, I'll give the disposable version a try. Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dominic. However, I would toss the can and start right away. I know that's how many people think, about not wanting to waste money. When I started I had 6 or 7 packs of cigs left from the carton I just bought. I thought that I would just smoke them first before transitioning to vaping. But then my grandmother died of smoking related diseases and I realized that my health was more important than the cigarettes. I threw the rest of the packs away and never looked back.

      I do wish you luck but for many people the gum doesn't work. Only 1 in 10 people successfully quit using gum or patches. I've read that 6 out of 10 people successfully quit smoking using e-cigs.

      So do give them a try. I'm currently vaping peach flavor at the moment. It's wonderful and it will save your life. Shoot me an email if you would like to discuss it further or if you have any questions.

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Doc. Did you do any magic to help you quit? I was thinking of working with Jesus Malverde, who has recently become a part of my life. I've heard he can help break addictions since he has the drug connection. I work with him for prosperity, not for drugs. I've been winging it since nothing I've found online clicks with me. But I figure he should like cigarettes and alcohol and maybe Siete Machos cologne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. At the time I just figured I would smoke the rest of my life and die from a smoking-related disease like so many of my family members. The e-cigs were a god send and it was totally unexpectd. I wouldn't have even bought one on my own. If it wasn't for my Uncle givimg me that free Blu disposable I would have never even tried vaping. So the first time I tried it on that free disposable I just knew that I would never go back to smokin cigaretts. It was truly a miracle from God as far as I'm concerned.

      I did some work back in the 90s to quit and it lasted a couple of week before I relapsed. Seriously, if you where here near me I would give you a free disposable to try. Because smokers need to realize they can be satisfied. It's smoking without actually smoking. You still get the same nicotine but in a healthier delivery system.

      Delete
  6. By the way, I see your links to Grandma's and Grandpa's Candle Shops in Baltimore. Are you by chance in Baltimore (I am).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. In Oklahoma. I just put up their links because those stores are some of the few remaining old hoodoo shops around.

      Delete
  7. Yes. They are the real deal. We also have the Clover Horn, which did a mail order business as early as the 1940s, but they don't have a website.

    ReplyDelete