Friday, July 5, 2013

Tip For Vapers

 
 
I hope all my readers had a wonderful July 4th holiday. I had a cook out, had some home-made ice cream and watched fire works. Tonight I'm supposed to have a repeat at my brother's house but I don't know if I will go or not.
 
 
Today I thought I would share a tip with vapers and smokers interested in transitioning. This tip will help cut down the cost of vaping even further. Already vaping is far cheaper than smoking. This will just help the cost go even lower.
 
 
E-juice or e-liquid is the names given to the nicotine-based liquids that we use in vaping. Some people even call it "oil" but it's not oil. It's a glycerin-based liquid and usually contains a mixture of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin with nicotine and flavorings added. Some blends are pure propylene glycol and some blends are pure vegetable glycerin.
 
 
In order to save money one can cut a bottle of e-juice with vegetable glycerin. Vegetable glycerin can be purchased at many stores. Wal Mart carries it in the pharmacy section. To cut the bottles one will need to purchase a bottle of vegetable glycerin. They run about $3. Make sure it has "USP" written on it as this means it's food-grade, the kind used in making e-juice. One will also need one or more bottles of e-juice. These can be purchased from vaping shops or online. One will also need an empty e-juice bottle These can be bought separately online or else one may be able to purchase these from a vape shop. Just ask an employee. I save my empty bottles so I have a stash to use. Starting out I would recommend purchasing the highest level of nicotine e-juice, which is normally 24mg at most vape shops. This way when cut it will give you 2 bottles of 12mg e-juice. If you want you can purchase higher-strength e-juice online. I've seen anywhere from 32mg up to 50mg. So cutting them will give you half that amount.  So to cut it one will simply divide the e-juice up in two empty bottles and then top it off with vegetable glycerin and shake. It's just that easy. There is only one downside to using this method. When you cut e-juice you of course will weaken the flavor. So keep that in mind. Otherwise this is a really easy trick that vapers can use to save even more money. 

4 comments:

  1. DocConjure, I quit smoking and starting vaping in January of 2012. It was a very easy switch for me, because I like the flavor of the e-juice a lot better than tobacco. Now, I only use tobacco when doing certain spiritual works and I feel like I have a much better relationship with the tobacco plant now than when I was abusing it (duh! - LOL) I am glad that you made the switch, too :)

    Last November, I started mixing my own juice. I purchase (online) unflavored nicotine base (I buy a 215ml bottle of 100mg strength for $40), a liter bottle of glycerin for $18, and flavoring (which runs about $4-$5 for a highly concentrated 30ml bottle). I mix the 60mg nicotine base with the bottle of glycerin along with 120ml flavoring, which makes around 1350ml of e-juice. This makes my e-juice cost around $1.75 for a 30ml bottle of prepared e-juice.

    There are a number of online shops that sell this. Just search for DIY vaping supplies and you will find them. Hope this info helps other frugal vapers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,

      That is so cool. Yeah, I've watched YouTube videos of people mixing their own e-juice. Perhaps I will give it a go. $1.75 for a 30ml bottle is dirt-cheap. That would about $20 here at my vaping store and even more online. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitley look into it.

      Delete
    2. Jennifer,

      I just read your comment to my dad, who is intrigued!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad that the information was helpful! I get my supplies through ecigexpress.com. I can't promise that they have the absolute best prices, but I haven't had any problems with them and they always ship really fast (usually on the same day that you order.)

    ReplyDelete