Monday, August 19, 2013

Eyebright

Eyebright (Euphrasia) is an herb that is used both medicinally and magically. As it's name implies, Eyebright is used to treat eye disorders, mainly styes, pink eye, and other eye infections. The herb is brewed into a tea which is then used to wet a rag or cloth and placed to the eye. The combination of the chemicals in the herb and the heat of the cloth serves to both fight infection and sooth the inflamed eye. Eyebright can also be used to create a compress by wrapping the herb in cloth, placing it in hot water and then pressing it against the eye. Eyebright is a favorite herb of St. Lucy and it's magically uses include the increasing of psychic abilities and to see the truth of a situation.

2 comments:

  1. I have found a that Eyebright works very well to sooth eye complaints, although it can feel very astringent in the eye. I have found that it really helps to add a pinch of salt to the tea before putting it in my eye. I haven't ever used it spiritually. I'm going to have to try it soon. Thanks, Doc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it works. I recently had pink eye and got over it in three days using eyebright.

      Delete