Friday, December 20, 2013

Duck Dynasty....Are We Really Shocked?





So Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty said that homosexuality is a sin and that black people were happy prior to the civil rights era. My question is, why are we shocked? These are full blown back-water hicks. Did we really expect them to be anything else but homophobic and racist?

I'm not mad at Phil. I'm not mad at the rest of his hick clan who continues to back him. I don't care about them and I don't watch the show nor do I watch any other hick show that is the trend of the moment. Instead, I'm mad at A&E. They "suspended" Phil. The truth is that next season is 10 episodes in length and 9 of those episodes have already been filmed. They don't even need Phil until sometime in March. So this whole "suspension" is bull shit. In my opinion they only said they are "suspending" Phil in order to try to trick gays and blacks into thinking they don't tolerate this hate talk. It's a big fucking lie. Seriously, it's time to boycott A&E.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think you're right. A&E is thinking of only one thing - money. They'll say anything and "suspend" anyone (I'm sure he's on vacation somewhere enjoying his suspension pay) but in the end, they are not going to mess with a good thing. Sadly this idiot show is very popular. I can't go anywhere without seeing the faced of these ignorant hicks on lunchboxes, tee shirts back packs, etc. I don't know what kind of parents are buying this crap for their kids, but that's another sad story for another day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A&E has known from the get-go that he and his clan are virulently racist and homophobic, it's only now when they stand to lose money do they make a gesture to save face. They knew what these people were like when they signed them on and they know what they're like behind the scenes. Phil Robertson has apparently complained several times about A&E censoring his bigotry, er, "Christian beliefs" on the show. Dolla dolla bills, y'all.

    I still can't believe this is the most watched reality show in history. This is why The History Chanel is now The Ancient Aliens Channel, TLC is The Modern Sideshow Channel, Discovery is Cryptids, and The Travel Channel is The WOOoooOOOOoooo Spoooooky Ghost Channel. Idiocracy was only supposed to be social commentary, not reality.

    (I, of course, love cryptids and ghosts, but *not* at the expense of science and history. Must have both.)

    ReplyDelete