Friday, February 28, 2014

I'm In Love With Pink Lady

Pink Lady Apples. Oh, my they are so freaking delicious. I first ate one some time in the early 2000s. It was love at first bite. They are so freaking sweet with just a tad bit of tang. It will blow you away. Growing up I sort of hated apples. I always like Granny Smith because of the tartness but I hated Red Delicious and that was the only kind my parents would get. Red Delicious is just gross. It's name is a lie. It's not sweet. The peel is semi pungent. It's pig food in my book. Red Delicious doesn't have anything on Pink Lady. If you still have not tried one, just get out there. They can be found everywhere from Walmart to farmer's markets. My best advice is to choose the ones that are that pretty pink/red shade all over as those seem to be the sweeter fruits. Oh, and Pink Ladies make superb apple sauce and pies as well.


4 comments:

  1. LMAO! Sometimes when I read your posts I think we're twins. Red Delicious apples are definitely misnamed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm opposite and hate granny smiths and never buy those, I think they're the ones that are gross!! But I rarely buy red delicious and buy johnnagolds when I can find those, those are my favorites!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are my absolute favorite apples, though Honeycrisp are exceptional as well.

    ReplyDelete