Monday, April 7, 2014

Update On The Westboro Baptist Counter Protest

So if you read my previous blog entry on the topic, the Westboro Baptist Church were supposed to come to my city on April 5, to protest a liquor shop that advertised a champagne sale upon hearing the news of Fred Phelps passing. Well, turns out they changed it to April 6, and I had no clue. So I missed it. By the time I heard they were there protesting, with the counter protesters that I wanted to take part in, it was too late. You see counter protesters began to cross the street and approach them and the Westboro Baptist Church quickly packed up and left in a hurry. They were only there for a few minutes. Technically the police were not supposed to let anyone from any side try to go to other side. However, it happened anyway.

This was the second time the Westboro Baptist Church has been to my city in just a few short years. The last time they came her to protest the High School located right by my house. They claimed that this High School had the most teen pregnancies and had a large percentage of gay students and "fag enablers" (their words).

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/07/westboro-baptist-church-moore-oklahoma_n_5104904.html

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that the evil patriarch is dead. Now, I wish that the other members would just fade away.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually excommunicated him years ago. A lot of people don't know that though.

      Delete
  2. Here's the article about the people of Moore, OK driving the protesters away:
    http://whatstrending.com/hot-on-youtube/9995-citizens-run-westboro-baptist-church-out-of-town
    ***The video is trending in social media.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's lots of articles on it. I posted just one in my blog. I'll add theYouTube video though. Thanks.

      Delete