Friday, June 6, 2014

Sun Tea

So I talked to a friend this morning who asked me what I was doing. I told him I was making sun tea and he looked at me like I just stepped off a space ship or something. I started laughing and was like, "You never heard of sun tea?" I was kind of shocked. I guess it's more of a Southern thing, well drinking iced tea is itself a Southern thing but so is making sun tea. Okay, for all those out there who never had sun tea, let me give you the simple recipe.

Items Needed:

-1 Large Clear Glass Pitcher With Lid (Use those big pickle jars if you got one or you can purchase the jugs/pitchers with a spout or nozzle that you flip up to pour.)
-Water
-Tea Bags

Directions:

Wash your container good and then dry. Add your water and about 4 or 5 tea bags. Place the lid on and set the pitcher outside in the sun for a couple of hours. After a couple of hours bring the pitcher in and add sugar or sweetener, if you prefer. Pour into glasses and drink. Voila! You just made sun tea!

4 comments:

  1. Fun! Do the bags have to be of a specific flavor or no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have been looking for the original recipe for so long. Thank you so much.
    It also should stand to be a reminder to us of how many beautiful and useful things the sun can bestow upon us. It is as simple as finding the/a true value of joy in the simple/easy things around us. Thank you. Doc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to make sun tea when I was a kid. I thought it was a California thing.

    ReplyDelete