Monday, August 4, 2014

Vintage Monday!



This commercial popped into my head the other day so I looked it up and found it on YouTube. This is one of the sexy commercials I remember from the 80s. It's funny because nothing in the video has anything to do with chocolate. However, I'm sure this commercial was  very successful. I can just see it now....

"Hey baby, what turns you on?"

"White chocolate" LOL

FYI: The singer is Mike Patton from Faith No More. He actually would sing this jingle at concerts!

Here are other versions:




Oh, and I had this song in my head the other day when I woke up....Strange.



Edit: I just found this parody video of the Nestle commercial:



Hilarious!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I remember that Alpine White Maxfield Parrish commercial! Loved those candy bars. Used to buy them at the student store back in Jr. High.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nestle bars are so good. Maybe Dove is slightly better. I actually prefer white chocolate and the Nestle Alpine bars were really good. Now I like the Hershey's cookie and cream white chocolate bars.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, those are pretty good. I agree.

      Delete
    3. I've always wondered if that was Shannen Doherty at the end of the first commercial.

      Delete
    4. Yeah, it kind of looks like her. Hmmmm.

      Delete