Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn Equinox

Today is the Autumn Equinox, the first official day of Autumn. I can't believe Summer is already over with. This year has gone buy rather quickly. It feels like only yesterday it was still May.

In conjure work we really don't celebrate the Autumn Equinox, other than there is a belief that wildcrafted herbs, roots and other items should be gathered prior to this time. I suppose the belief is that nature is winding down in the fall so the power is not going to be at it's strongest.

September the 29th is Michaelmas, a day honoring St. Michael and the other archangels. I've always wondered why Gerald Gardner and modern Wiccans ignore Michaelmas in favor of a made up "Mabon" for the Autumn Equinox. I suppose it's because they rejected it due to it's Christian element, just like they rejected Christmas in favor of "Yule".

Autumn is my favorite time of the year. I love the colors. I love the cool temperatures. My birthday is in Autumn and my favorite holiday (Halloween) is in Autumn as well. I always feel more powerful this time of year. I think many people would agree that they do as well.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Autumn season.

God Bless,

-Doc


No comments:

Post a Comment