Friday, January 9, 2015

A Couple Of Things I Thought I Would Share With Readers

As you may have read in a previous blog entry, one of my loved one passed away over the holidays. I debated whether or not to share the following but I ultimately decided that I should go ahead and share it.

Back in December I began to develop this obsession with Amaryllis plants. I bought almost a dozen of them and gave some away as presents. I kept remembering how a former teacher kept a beautiful red Amaryllis plant in her class and so I decided to purchase some. Here is a picture of some of them on part of my altar that I wasn't using at the time. I also purchased some Paperwhites bulbs as  I've never grown them before either.


They are such beautiful flowers and my altar feels so Spring-like. However, caution with the Paperwhites. They stink. In fact, the smell was overpowering and made me nauseous. Anyway, so I become obsessed with these flowers. At the same time I began to have the song Edelweiss constantly in my head. I would wake up in the morning with it in my head. I would constantly hum it during the day. I would even hum and sing it unknowingly while on the phone with friends. It was really strange. 



When my loved one passed I of course went to the viewing before the funeral. When I walked into the room my eyes first fell on an Amaryllis plant that someone had sent. There in the room was a flat screen t.v. that was showing a video montage of pictures set to instrumental music. Guess what song was used? Yep, it was Edelweiss. I started crying because I knew right then and there why I had become obsessed with the Amaryllis and the song Edelweiss. I strongly believe I was being prepared for this loss.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. What a lovely story that shows the signs and comfort that God gives us. -Andre

    ReplyDelete