Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The X-Files Reboot - Will There Be Hoodoo?



So FOX has confirmed it's in talks for a return of The X-Files. I'm ecstatic as it was my favorite show from the 90s. The return will be a limited series, probably consisting of 12 episodes. I'm crossing my fingers that they actually do reboot the entire series or do a full revival as I want it to continue long past just 12 episodes.

The X-Files had a episode called Theef (season 7, episode 14) which concerned a mixture of hoodoo and Appalachian folk magic. During one part of the episode, Mulder and Scully visit an occult shop to inquire about mysterious dirt found at the scene of a death. The shop owner informs them that the dirt is "goofer dust". The shop owner bore an interesting physical similarity to Cat Yronwode. I remember asking Cat if that character was based on herself. She said she didn't know officially but suspected that it was.

So I'm wondering if there will be any more "hoodo-esque" episodes. I'm not sure but the X-Files had quite a few occult-related episodes so I'm hoping to see more of that in the limited series.

http://www.movieweb.com/tv/TEAhrAAIZVUEFA/promo

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/18/entertainment/feat-x-files-revival/

No comments:

Post a Comment