Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Famous Voodoo Rituals & Spells by H.U.Lampe

The book is:

Famous Voodoo Rituals & Spells by H.U. Lampe

So this books was recommended to me by an Internet friend who sang it's praises and who told me that I would love it and that it "was right up my alley".  Of course just the opposite is true.

First and foremost, this is not a book a on Voodoo. This is a book on hoodoo. Voodoo is a religion. Hoodoo is magic. To be more specific, over 90% of the book is just lists of various spiritual products and what conditions they are to be used for. Yes, very boring. There are some "spells" but they are really trite and are uninspiring. There is also some wrong information as well. For example, on page 50 it says that magnetic sand is iron pyrite. It's not. Iron pyrite is better known as "fool's gold" and is used for money while magnetic sand is composed of iron sand or grit. In the past it was gathered around anvils and was called anvil dust.

There is really no reason why anyone should own this book other than one being a serious, hardcore collector. If you absolutely must purchase it then know that my copy was poorly made and it fell apart on me before I finished reading it.

On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest, I give this book a 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment