Thursday, March 26, 2015

Just Letting Folks Know I'm Okay

I've gotten a dozen or so emails from people asking if I'm okay. For those who don't know, a tornado hit last night. It struck less than a mile from my house. I'm fine and my power only went off for 3 minutes. However, and this is the scary part, the tornado warning wasn't issued until after it was already over with. And to make matters worse, they were filming it the entire time and it aired on t.v. They kept saying that it was just a "gustnado", a rotation of dust caused by the edges of the front and not an actual tornado. I was actually watching it on t.v. for about 4 minutes and realized that it was right by my house. Then all of a sudden dozens of powerlines and transformers start blowing. It was crazy. Then the weather guy's eyes got real big and was like, "Uh....this is not a gustnado but an actual tornado". Scary.

Anyway, my city is cursed. We are a tornado magnet. Anytime a tornado forms in the vicinity it immediately heads straight for my city and they have even been known to change directions in order to hit us.

Also, the path of this tornado was almost identical to the tornado that hit back in May of 2013. Back then the tornado struck the end of my street and I was without water for 3 days and without power for a week. Of course the weather was in the upper 80s and 90s then so it was excruciating. I got out okay in this one.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a relatively weak tornado but still damage was done. No loss of life in my city but there was on fatality up north.

      Delete