First of all, I need to apologize as this will be a political blog entry. Politics and conjure work don't exactly mix well but we are currently in a unique position to truly make a difference in the next presidency. Well, let me be more specific, blunt even. We will either with our votes pave the way for a future that will lead to true greatness for our country or we will sink deeper into corporate slavery. That's most of what I will say on the matter. I will let the following videos speak for themselves and then end with some comments below.
All you need to know is that Bernie Sanders supports and will bring us the following if elected:
1. Increase of minimum wage to $15 a hour.
2. Guaranteed equal pay for women. (Probably pass a law making it a federal crime for women to be paid less than men for doing the same job.)
3. Nation-wide police reform.
4. Universal Health Care (I've been vocal about this for years. Free health care should be viewed as a natural right. Obamacare is a bait-and-switch as it still upholds corporate interests and still requires payment as well as punishes those who can't afford it.) The way this works will be similar to what is currently in existence in most other nations, where there is free health care for citizens. There will be waiting lists for non-emergency procedures. However, everyone will still maintain the right to pay for their own health care insurance plans if they so chose.) Hillary Clinton currently opposes this. I write currently because she flip-flops on issues and says whatever she thinks the public wants to hear. Just like with her stance on gay marriage. For years she opposed it and only supported it when it was clear that the political wind was blowing in that direction.
5. Free public college (No more potential will be lost due to the inability to afford college. Every citizen will have the opportunity to attend free public college. At the same time, everyone will retain their right to pay for private colleges if they so chose.)
The future is in our hands. One way or the other we will get the nation we deserve. Let's chose real change and make this nation great. Don't we deserve far better? Vote Bernie Sanders 2016.
Just an FYI: Unlike Hillary, Bernie doesn't accept huge corporate donations for his campaign. His campaign is funded by everyday people. His average donation is $33.