Friday, August 19, 2016

I Done Jinxed Myself

So it's been three months since I blogged about my one year anniversary of having my weight loss surgery. You can read the blog entry at the below link.

http://mysecrethoodoo.blogspot.com/2016/05/today-is-my-1-year-weight-loss-surgery.html

In the past three months I've only lost a measly 6 more pounds, putting me at 184 lbs and 14 pounds shy of my goal of reaching 170 lbs.

I won't give excuses. It's my fault, really. I haven't been exercising as I should these past few months. I've also eaten too many carbs and have consumed more alcohol than I would normally. However, I'm not going to beat myself up because at least I haven't gained any weight. In fact, I had a not-so-pleasant encounter with a man who told me that I was doomed to regain the weight I had lost and added that "everyone he knew who had the surgery gained the weight back". Well, I tried to explain to him that the surgery removes 80% of my stomach. The stomach doesn't regenerate, meaning it's not going to grow back. Even if I slip up I will never be able to binge eat like I did prior. So before surgery I could break down and eat a dozen donuts. After surgery, if I give in I can eat one or most of one donut. So I won't ever be in a position where I would gain weight so rapidly that it would be out of control. In the past I could easily gain 15 or 20 lbs a months. I don't think I could do that now even if actually tried to.

Since I practice conjure work for myself, and not just for my clients as some people mistakenly believe, I will be hitting some work strong in the next week. I plan doing a thorough cleansing and will do some block-buster work to clear out the obstacles that are standing in the way of my success. In the mean time, I was able to find a picture that was taken about 5 months before my surgery. I don't even recognize myself in it. I'll also post some more pics of my transformation. As usual, I can not recommend the surgery enough to morbidly obese people who have tried everything. I truly believe the surgery saved my life. I was pre-diabetic, had sleep apnea and had high blood pressure and all of that cleared up after surgery. Below is a link to a FAQ I wrote on the surgery I had.

http://mysecrethoodoo.blogspot.com/2016/05/q-may-17-2016-gastric-sleeve-edition.html

Before & After Pictures:

This BEFORE pic was taken in December, 2014. I had my surgery in May, 2015.




If I look goofy it's because I was drunk in the above pic. lol



At my highest my weight was 388 lbs. So to date I have lost 204 lbs. I went from size 46 pants down to size 32. I went from 4X shirts down to Medium. It's been an awesome journey. My only regret is not having the weight loss surgery sooner. 

If you are obese, are interested in having the surgery and have questions, feel free to email me at MySecretHoodoo@mail.com  In the past three months I've received eleven emails from people who are interested in the surgery and I'm happy to be of whatever help I can with regard to answering questions on the surgery and of what to expect. It truly will save your life. You will feel like you've been reborn. 


6 comments:

  1. Doc, you look so cool in your jacket and sun glasses. Thumbs up!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you look amazing! So happy for you. Thank you for you by the way, your blog is truly saving me in more ways than one.
    All the best,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm brand new to your blog, and just had to say I'm so happy for you in your healthy progress. I know the battle too well and so so glad for you. I was just shy of 400 going into junior high and hit just shy of 500. I'm now 185 give or take a gumbo or two. Your an inspiration to more folks than you know..... Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adrian. Congrats on your accomplishment as well! :)

      Delete