Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Got Put In My Place Today

Some days back I blogged about fake hoodoo people, a topic that infuriates me. Anyway, this faker (the one who piled produce around a 7 day glass candle as their pan-spell for all situations, just changing the colors of the wax) apparently told someone else about our conversation and that person decided to send me a email to "set me straight" about hoodoo because I apparently have no idea what I'm talking/writing about and am clueless.

So it turns out that hoodoo is actually a mixture of Orisha worship (from the black side) and Druid magic (from the white side). There are no rules in hoodoo and thus it's not really a tradition. So you can do whatever you want to do and still call it hoodoo. The most important thing to realize is that the only Christians who practiced hoodoo where the ones who stole it from the pagans.

I can't believe for all these years I've operated under the silly notion that the true real-world practitioners who were alive and practicing hoodoo/roots before the invention of the Internet knew what they were talking about. Silly me!

I'm so glad that I've been educated and now realize that the keepers of this tradition can only be found online, aren't Christians and don't use the Bible in their work. I'm so very relieved to learn that since you can do whatever you want that it's not a real tradition.

So I guess I need to sign up for a whole lot of Internet courses so I can receive a proper education on how to serve the Orisha and balance that with becoming a Druid, so I can truly understand how to practice hoodoo. I need to thoroughly apologize for Christians who stole this tradition from the pagans. This is just another example of evil Christians trying to oppress paganism. Can't believe I was so stupid!




(FYI: This sarcasm in case you didn't pick up on that.)

To set the record straight:

1. Hoodoo has nothing to do with the Orishas.

2. Hoodoo has nothing to do with Druids.

3. Hoodoo has nothing to do with paganism.

4. Hoodoo was invented by Christians. Traditional folk-magic in the Western world has been Christian for approximately 2,000 years now. Christians did not steal this tradition from Pagans. It's the reverse that's true. Modern Pagans are wanting to steal hoodoo and then claim it's what they've always practiced.

5. What this faker is doing is not hoodoo. This person is merely slapping a label on shit they made up and claiming it is hoodoo.

6. The person who emailed me is not a practitioner of hoodoo. You can't be that ignorant and still practice traditional rootwork and conjure. If you don't know what it is then you aren't practicing it.

Look folks, I don't really care what people do. If you want to mix and match and make up your own thing that's fine. Knock yourself out. However, stop calling that what you made up hoodoo. You can't change hoodoo into something completely different and then still claim to practice it. Hoodoo is not a "do whatever you want" tradition.

I'm also not saying that you making up and doing your own thing doesn't have power or that your spells don't work. I'm just saying it's not hoodoo. I can't fathom why so many people are unable to comprehend this.

No comments:

Post a Comment