Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Why Did You Turn My Case Down?

I've touched on this topic before but lately I've had to turn down over a dozen cases the past couple of weeks. So I thought it was time to return to this topic just so my would-be clients understand the reason why I have to turn some cases down. Below are the majority of the reason why I have to decline taking a person on as a client. They are in no particular order to frequency or severity.

1. There is no hope for the situation. 

Sometimes the cards are just stacked up so high that a good outcome is just not possible. I do not take on clients who I feel have no chance for a successful outcome.

2. The would-be client is mentally ill.

If a would-be client tells me they are mentally ill or I suspect they are mentally ill I will turn their case down.

3. The would-be client has unreasonable expectations.

Unfortunately, life is not like Burger King. You can't always get everything exactly the way you want. If a would-be client contacts me and has unreasonable expectations I will do my best to steer the person towards more reasonable expectations. However, if the person will not budge and holds firm then I have no choice but turn their case down.

4. The would-be client is out of touch with reality.

This is similar to unreasonable expectations and may be a result of mental illness. It can also be due to just naivety with regards to how the world operates. It's too much of a chore to try to get people to plant their feet on the ground so it's usually easier for me to just turn them down.

5. The would-be client displays warning signs that they would be a "problem client". 

I don't want trouble. If your behavior is indicative of a trouble maker then I just will not take you on as a client. The most obvious warning signs that people have and continue to do is to make demands of me as well as to express considerable rudeness from the very first email.

6. The would-be client can not afford to hire a conjure worker. 

Believe it or not, if a would-be client contacts me and is willing to hire me but tells me they are unemployed, homeless, on disability, or says anything else that indicates to me that this person truly can not afford to hire a conjure worker then I will turn the person down. I am regularly contacted by people who are willing to spend money on conjure work when they don't have a roof over their head or have no idea where there next meal is going to come from. I simply can not take on their cases. I am very fearful that they are so willing to throw money for conjure work that they will eventually get scammed by people who have no morals. Also, I have a conscious. At the end of the day I don't want to feel that I've taken advantage of someone.

7. The would-be client asks too many questions.

It's normal for would-be clients to ask questions. I completely understand that. However, if left unchecked a curious thing happens. I've had people who already had a free consultation with me continue to email me for days, weeks, months, and in one case, years afterwards, and continue to ask questions. Eventually these people will cycle back and ask the same questions over and over again. I've learned my lesson the hard way that there is something  majority wrong with these people and that I have to nip it in the bud. So for now, if multiple days go by and the would-be client continues to ask questions without giving any sign of actual commitment to hiring me then it's easier for me to turn their cases down and cut them lose, than it is to continue to waste my time with them. My time is valuable and despite what certain people may think, they are not entitled to my time.

8. The would-be client tries to haggle prices.

I don't do it, period. Far easier to turn them down thAn to debate prices.

9. The would-be client insists on me calling them and speaking to them for free on the phone. 

Again, lesson learned the hard way. These people have no real interest in hiring a conjure worker. They just want somebody to talk to. People who are willing to pay you for your time are the people who are willing to hire someone for conjure work. If a would-be client asks to speak to me on the phone before they are willing to hire me then I will tell them that it's $50 for 30 minutes or $100 for one hour. If they continue to beg me then I will turn their cases down and ask them to stop emailing me.

10. The would-be client is a minor.

Sorry, you need to 18 years of age or older to hire me as your conjure worker.

11. The would-be client wants me to "sweeten the deal" for them. 

Usually, the client wants free readings, free setting of lights, sometimes free mojo bags. I don't do that. I made the mistake of doing it once and it turned into a situation where the client who paid me $100 for an hour reading now thought they were entitled to free shit from me for the rest of their life. It's far easier to just turn the client's case down. This said, there are times where I've thrown in some free work when I've felt that it was absolutely necessary to the success of the client's situation. If I chose to do it of my own free will, and without the would-be client asking, then that's a completely different thing.

12. The would-be client ignores my questions or refuses to answer my questions during the free consultation. 

You would not believe how often this happens! During free consultations I often have questions based on the situations that people are requesting help with. Sometimes a person will just outright tell me they won't answer my question. Sometimes they just ignore me. For example, when people email me about wanting to draw back a lover I usually reply with, "Okay, tell me about the relationship. Who long where you together? When did you break up? When's the last time you saw them? When's the last time you were intimate?", etc." You would not believe how many people simply refuse to answer simple questions like this. If you can't open up to me and tell me about your relationship then it's a bad sign. Better drop you then risk problems down the line.

13. The would-be client grills me fierce from the first email.

This is a combination of number 12 above as well as number 5. Usually, such people have a zillion questions and ignore or refuse to answer any questions I ask in return. I've had people demand the contact information of past clients before hiring me (NO! I protect the anonymity of my clients!). I've had people ask for a damn auto-biography from me before they answer. In fact, I just had a crazy lady do that. Emailed me for help. I asked her to reply to me and tell me about her situation she needs help with and her response was to ask me for 3-4 paragraphs about my life, how I came into magic, and my address and phone number. Nope! Sorry, but that's too intrusive and indicates you're going to be a "special snowflake" who stirs up special-problems in the future. Got to cut you loose!

14. The would-be client demands to meet me in person.

In this day and age this is not safe. If I don't know you I'm not letting you into my home. I'm not giving you my phone number. This "meeting in person", though actually very traditional with professional root workers of the past simply is too risky in today's age. The majority of all situations can be handled long-distance. Trust me, if it's something that can only be done in-person then I will tell the client such and recommend they see someone in their area. There's no need to travel across the country to see me. (Back in October I had a lady from Boston willing to fly to see me but only if I perform it for free because she can't afford to pay for both the flight, hotel, and conjure work. It took forever to get her to understand that she's not doing any favors to me by wanting to come here and especially wanting free work.)

15. The would-be client waits too long to hire me.

The sad truth is that in many situations timing is everything. Too many people think they have all the time in the world and so aren't in a rush to hire me. This is especially sad in love cases where a person may have had a free consultation with me and I told them that there was still hope but they then waited too long to hire me and so now I have to turn them down.

16. The would-be client lies to me.

If I catch someone in a lie I do not accept their case. There is absolutely no need to lie to me. You can tell me anything. My clients range from prostitutes to politicians. I've heard it all. Nothing you say will shock me. I'm not here to judge you. I'm here to help you obtain your needs and desires.

17. If a would-be client is trying to abuse my free consultations as a way of getting me to teach them conjure work. 

"So, would you recommend that I do something on my end that will help me in my situation while you perform the work? If so, go ahead and tell me in detail tricks I can do on my end now and I promise I will hire you when I get the money!" -Have been told similar things from people.

18. If the would-be client begs me to start the work now but promises to pay at some time in the future. 

Nope.

19. If the would-be client tells me what to do. 

The whole point of a free consultation is for me to offer my recommendations of work needed based upon the information concerning the situation the client requires help with. I then use my experience as well as being spirit-led, to offer remedies and a plan of action, both using conjure work and recommendations for real-world actions that I feel will be best to achieve success for the client. If the client has no respect and feels that they know what's best then I tell them that they don't need me and they should just do it themselves.

20. What the client is wanting is not worth it for the prices I charge. 

Unfortunately, many people tend to have an over-simplistic comprehension of their situation. Many people falsely assume that one simple spells can solve all of the complexities of their case. Sometimes what the client wants is in fact actually doable. It's just that it's not worth taking the client's case on for the price that I charge. Its just easier to turn the client down than explain to them that what they are wanting would cost way more than what I normally charge. A good majority of people expect that the world be given to them on a silver-platter and they want it at literally next-to nothing. If it's too much work and if I feel I wouldn't be adequately compensated then I will turn you down. Conjure work can be really draining. I often get headaches, feel fatigued, and sometimes get sick after finishing for a client. I have to be adequately compensated for my time and energy or else I can't take it on.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with all of these...except the second. I wouldn't turn down a client with a diagnosed mental illness just on that basis. As long as they were competent, self aware of their diagnosis, and not in the middle of some kind of episode....

    I have ptsd, which unmedicated causes me to have panic attacks, flashbacks, and some hefty paranoia. About thirty years ago a scam psychic tried to take advantage of that when I was at a very low point. I told her, "I may be crazy but I'm not stupid."

    Once I started doing readings, and then work, I decided to make a point of letting God tell me who to work with and who not to.

    You absolutely have the right to your rules on who you will work with. I'm not trying to say you don't. But I thought I could share a different perspective.

    I really enjoy reading your blog! Thanks for listening to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @ Dorothy,

      That was mainly in reference to people contacting me who believe they are cursed or under spiritual attack. It's just too difficult to distinguish between a real spiritual attack or whether it's the result of the illness. Sometimes I get these people who genuinely do seem to be under attack and the attack is making their condition worse, as these things do seem to attack us at our most vulnerable parts of the body and make pre-existing conditions worse. So in those situations I'm not against doing something for free for them. Another thing that confounds the issue is that some people would rather believe they are cursed than to accept that they need help. Many people still feel threatened by the stigma of mental illness.

      Delete