Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Wow!

So my father had his DNA tested through Ancestry.com. He got the results back today. The majority "white" part of his DNA comes from Scandinavia (37%), with England, Ireland, and Western Europe being the other major contributors. We already knew the English and Irish part but the Scandinavian part is rather interesting. He is also 1% African (Senegal/Mali) and 7% Jewish.

Now the next step is to get either my mother tested or for me to get tested. My mother's grandfather, my great grandfather, was adopted and we know nothing about his family. So I have a feeling I'm going to be quite shocked to learn about where he comes from.

You can get your own DNA tested by visiting Ancestry.com. It's only $99.

2 comments:

  1. I had my DNA tested 3 years ago. The African part of me is from Sierra Leone and Senegal. The white is from Scotland. I am also 3% East Asian. People don't know that Asians were brought down south as indentured servants and they 'mingled' with the slaves. (Bonnie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very interesting. I think that I'm just going to go ahead and order my own.

      Delete