Monday, March 20, 2017

Casting Curses and Love Spells with the Most Powerful Witches in Romania

This is a very interesting short documentary on professional witches in Romania. When watching it note that the practitioners are Christian, not Pagan. Also take notice of the "break up potion" being created by boiling chili peppers with black cat poop and black dog poop. Of course this is remarkably similar to what is found in hoodoo. In my study of various magical traditions, the legitimate traditions all have many similarities in common, from Christianity, to the same symbolism with regard to magical ingredients and uses thereof. Also note that one of the witches mentioned "voodoo" in reference to a doll she had on her altar. Of course by "voodoo" she is referring to hoodoo, as in magic and not the religion of Voodou.

I would love to spend some time with these women. I bet I could learn a lot from them. I also think they would be a hoot as well. I mean, these are some bold women who aren't even scared of politicians!

I really loved their use of a burning broom as a form of smudging. I can imagine that would be very powerful.  I also really like that they incorporate the equinoxes and solstices in their work.


So is this all fakery and scams? Well, I detected some "show business". However the evidence does suggest an actual tradition there. It may be sugar-coated or dressed up a bit but there is a real tradition there.

No comments:

Post a Comment