Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Spring!

So today is the Vernal (Spring) Equinox, the first day of Spring. On this day there is equal hours of darkness and light. From this time onward the length of the day will increase while the length of the night will decrease until we reach the Summer Solstice. For now, Winter is officially over with and Summer is but a short three months away.

I'm not sure how the winter weather went for my readers, but in my are we have had a very warm winter. There wasn't any meaningful snowfall. The temps did get well below freezing, into single digits. However, it didn't last. We had warm spells in December, January, and even made it into the 90s in February. Today the high was 92. I sure hope this is not an omen for a record-breaking heat wave this Summer.

So the flowering pear has spent their blossoms and the redbud trees are in full bloom. I've also seen a few cherry trees, which are always gorgeous. The bulbs are up and blooming. Daffodils are seemingly everywhere I look.

Today, the Wiccans and NeoPagans celebrate the festival of Ostara (Eostre), the Spring Equinox. For Christians, Easter is but a few short weeks away.

I would like to take the time to wish all my readers a very wonderful Spring. May this season bring renewal and prosperity for all!


No comments:

Post a Comment