Sunday, April 30, 2017

Hoyt's Cologne


So I recently bought my first few (3) bottles of Hoyt's Cologne. I know they are a staple in hoodoo of the past. In fact, before Florida Water practitioners used this cologne instead. There is only one problem. It's simply just not worth the price and is not readily available.

Don't get me wrong, I love the smell. For those who have never smelled it I can assure you that it's pretty much dead on to English Leather. So if by chance you can't get a bottle of Hoyt's Cologne then maybe you might try substituting a bottle of English Leather instead.

I would personally use this as an aftershave. It smells good but doesn't last. Magically, I would use it for luck, money and love, to feed mojo bags, and perhaps to cleanse lodestones. I would not use it to clean my hands before doing work, such as with Florida Water.

This is the largest bottle in the pic above and it ran around $12, so way more expensive and less quantity compared to a bottle of Florida Water.

So if you get a chance to buy a bottle then I would recommend it. It's so heavily quoted in Hyatt's hoodoo material that it's good just to have for it's historical value.

2 comments:

  1. Hello I'm trying to find this cologne hoyst for a while where did you purchase it..thanks

    ReplyDelete