Thursday, June 22, 2017

Weight Loss Goal Reached!

After 2 years and one month I finally reached my goal weight! Honestly, I never thought this day would come. I hovered between 173-175 lbs, would dip down to like 171 lbs and then start eating crap again and gain a few pounds back. A few weeks ago I decided to put away the scale and just focus on enjoying life. I had already lost a ton of weight so I decided to just focus on what I have achieved so far. This morning I got the urge to weigh myself and gave in. I was completely shocked. I actually lost more weight and dipped below my goal weight of 170 lbs. I now weigh 168 lbs to be precise.

As my readers may know, in May of 2015 I had gastric sleeve surgery, a type of bariatric surgery. It was truly a life-changing experience.

So now that I've achieved my weight loss goal I am tempted to lose just a bit more. My doctor did tell me that I could go down to 160 lbs but that I shouldn't push beyond that. So I'm wondering if I should.

Now, I'm kinda petrified at the thought of having to have plastic surgery to get rid of excess skin. Unlike the gastric sleeve, the plastic surgery will be quite invasive. It will take a few months to completely heal and will probably hurt a great deal. I actually had no pain whatsoever with the gastric sleeve surgery.

So here are my stats:

Highest Weight: 412 lbs
Starting Weight Before Surgery: 388 lbs
Starting BMI Before Surgery: 52.6 (Morbid Obesity)
Weight At Time Of Surgery: 350 lbs
Goal Weight: 170 lbs
Current Weight: 168 lbs
Current BMI: 22.8 (Normal Weight)
Largest Pant Size: 48
Current Pant Size: 32
Largest Shirt Size: 4XL
Current Shirt Size: Medium
Total Weight Loss Since Surgery: 220 lbs

My Before Pictures:

Passport Photo - March 2015

December 2014

I'm the blob behind the boy.

Day of Surgery - May 13, 2015

My After Pictures:










If anyone out there is in the same boat as I was, is morbidly obese and may be considering this surgery. I say do it! I dare you! It will change your life in ways you wouldn't even dream could be possible. 

8 comments:

  1. So happy for you Doc!!!
    (Bonnie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had sleeve surgery.
    Highest weight 360
    Surgery weight 325
    Goal weight 175
    Current weight 165
    Pre surgery BMI 53.2
    Current BMI 24.4
    Largest pant size (womans) 26
    Current pant size (womans) 8

    I would do it again tomorrow if I had to. It's been life changing. I am so glad you to have found your true self and happiness. I've chosen to not have the skin surgery. To dangerous for me. If someone can't love all of me the way I am, then they don't deserve me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Honies,

      Congratulations! That is an awesome achievement! So glad to hear from a fellow sleever! I, too, would do it again in a heartbeat. I just wish I would have done it in my 20s! As far as the skin surgery, in my case it's more of a guy thing. I want to be able to take my shirt off and not gross anyone out and that would definitely require the plastic surgery to remove the excess skin. Otherwise, I completely agree with your stance. :)

      Delete
    2. I don't really have a ton of skin so I am blessed and favored. I wish I had done the surgery sooner as well. 20s would have been awesome. I feel more alive, more myself, and more sexy than I have in my entire life. It's amazing. I totally understand your view on the skin and totally understand your thought process. I am going to be having another cosmetic surgery before the end of the year. It's for me personally and my own self image. I guess it's just another step I will take as I find and become my true self.

      Delete
    3. Well, congrats again and good luck with your surgery. :)

      Delete
  3. Just want to add that I love your brual honesty. I think when people come across others with gifts, they tend to think or hand-holding.

    ReplyDelete